what happened to the time tracking report?

Michael Lyman July 6, 2015

I've been using the time tracking report in JIRA on demand for years, right up to June 30th when I did my last time sheet for clients, and now it's not where it use to be.  I used to find it under projects >> reports, but now there is only a control chart.  Looks like the options have changed and the timesheets option is now a third party and costs $$/month where once it was included in the regular JIRA subscription.

Is it true that the time tracking report (not the gadget but the actual report with lots of detail) is now gone?

If not, where is the documentation that says it's been moved?  

If so, where is the documentation that told me it was going to be retired?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2015

Hi Michael,

Those reports still exist even in new versions of JIRA Cloud (On Demand), nothing changed after July 1. There shouldn't be a requirement to use a third party tool with additional costs outside of your standard subscription. 

Note, the Reports drop down menu lets you toggle which reports you are viewing: Summary>> Reports >> All Reports. I'm guessing you have the Reports set to Control Chart only, which is why you don't see anything else.

Click the arrow to the right of the 'Control Chart' label, and toggle the view to 'All Reports' – from there you should see the others. I'm pretty sure your Time Tracking Report you have used for years will still be there in the 'Issue Analysis' section, just below the Agile Cumulative Flow Diagram and Control Chart reports. 

image2015-7-7 0:46:46.png

Michael Lyman July 7, 2015

That's it! Thanks very much. Don't know why it was defaulting to the control report last night. This morning the reports page was back to the familiar view. I wonder what happened? Nevertheless, thanks for the quick response and the mini-lesson on how to work with reports! M

Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2015

No worries. Glad it's working for you now.

Suggest an answer