webhook with jql filter is not trigered correctly

Nightcrawler May 24, 2017

I`m currently setting up a automated message system for Mattermost (Slack look alike) for specific Jira events. To do that I'm using the Jira Webhook tool to call our internal server, which parse the data and creates a send a message to one of our channel. However, I'm having some problem with the JQL Filter option.

Case 1:

event: issue updated

JQL filter: project = "XYZ"

Case 2:

event: issue updated

JQL filter: project = "XYZ" and  status = Resolved

For the first case everything is normal. If an issue is resolved (in progress -> resolved) it trigers the webhook with the good status (resolved) and all the info of the issue. However, for the second case, the webhook is only triggered when the issue WAS resolved (resolved -> closed OR resolved -> reopened) and the data that is received from the webhook contains the new status (closed or reopened). So it looks like the webhook JQL Filter is used before the issue is reindexed....

I also tried to add to webhook as a post function in its corresponding workflow and i got the same results.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a solution to this problem?

Version: JIRA v7.3.4

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Ulrich Agricola January 29, 2019

[Jira v7.5.3#75008 Server, Mattermost 5.7.0, Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS]

Obviously, there is another bug of this kind:

I've set up a webhook in Jira and can connect to Mattermost via the Mattermost Jira Plugin and Mattermost receives messages from Jira.

Like Francis I created a webhook using JQL like

project = "aaa" OR project = "bbb" OR project = "ccc"

and checked all issue related events.

But: I only get messages in Mattermost if I create an issue or transition of an issue is Doing->Done, Done->Reopen or Done->Reopen and Start.

As e.g. To Do -> Doing did not create a message, I added my webhook as Followup Function to the transition. Still I get no message in case an issue is moved from To Do to Doing or reverse.

Kind regards

Uli

0 votes
Nightcrawler May 29, 2017

This is a known issue on jira servers.

See: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-65174

Suggest an answer