webhook details

kA January 20, 2015

Hi Friends,

We are planned to maintain the each transaction of our JIRA task details to another server by using the web hook. So i need some clarification regarding that.

We are already configured the webhook and used that one and it is works based on the particular field update. So if any update happens on the field then the webhook triggers our tool and updated the field details in the our DB.

But our current requirement is completely different from that one, i have explained the requirement below. Can you please let me know whether it is possible.

We are planned to maintain our 150 projects and details into another server. So if any task created under any of the project then for it is each transaction like comments, work log,story point,etc..(The complete details of each task) the webhook needs to be trigger our tool and updated into the DB.

The following questions are rises while before implement that one.
1.May i know whether any data loss occurs while doing this one because at the same time more number of tasks may be updated.
2.Whether it affect JIRA performance and is it leads to down the JIRA.
3.We are planned to update the each and every thing into the DB so it is looks likes a copy of the task.Is it possible to update everything related to the tasks like comments, worklog, story points and so on.
4.Is it possible to done by single webhook or else to need to create multiple webhook.
5.If it is multiple webhook means whether it is affect each other.

Thanks in advance,
Karthik

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Does it have to be realtime? I mean, you can schedule something like sync routines using JIRA REST API, requesting what has changed since "last time".

Suggest an answer