webhook JQL not working correctly (status change)

perfecto25 June 5, 2017

Hello, I have  a webhook setup to fire when a jira status changes from Open to In Progress and also from In Progress to Closed

(project = "SYS" or project="RELE") and issuetype = "Deployment" AND (status changed from "Open" to "In Progress" OR status changed from "In Progress" to "Closed")

this is on Issue - Updated

this doesnt work as intended. For example if the ticket is currently In Progress, and I add a comment entry, it sends the webhook even though it should fail based on JQL, since status was not changed, only a comment was added.

it seems its not picking up previous status on every ticket update. Any workarounds? Thanks.

version 7.2.1

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

Hi Mike,

I took a look into that issue further and there is a known bug for this issue that you can find at JRASERVER-59980.  This is linked from the Webook Documentation in the Known Issues section at the bottom of the page:

Summary:

JQL filter for Webhooks dosn't work correctly when Comment or Worklog related events are fired.

Expected Results:

The webhook shouldn't be fired.

Actual Results:

The webhook was fired.

I would highly encourage you to vote on the issue so you can be directly notified of any updates as they're added to the tickets including any work arounds the developers come up with in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

perfecto25 June 6, 2017

Thanks Branden

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

No problem Mike. Have a great week!

Suggest an answer