webhook JQL not working correctly (status change)

Hello, I have  a webhook setup to fire when a jira status changes from Open to In Progress and also from In Progress to Closed

(project = "SYS" or project="RELE") and issuetype = "Deployment" AND (status changed from "Open" to "In Progress" OR status changed from "In Progress" to "Closed")

this is on Issue - Updated

this doesnt work as intended. For example if the ticket is currently In Progress, and I add a comment entry, it sends the webhook even though it should fail based on JQL, since status was not changed, only a comment was added.

it seems its not picking up previous status on every ticket update. Any workarounds? Thanks.

version 7.2.1

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Mike,

I took a look into that issue further and there is a known bug for this issue that you can find at JRASERVER-59980.  This is linked from the Webook Documentation in the Known Issues section at the bottom of the page:

Summary:

JQL filter for Webhooks dosn't work correctly when Comment or Worklog related events are fired.

Expected Results:

The webhook shouldn't be fired.

Actual Results:

The webhook was fired.

I would highly encourage you to vote on the issue so you can be directly notified of any updates as they're added to the tickets including any work arounds the developers come up with in the future.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks Branden

No problem Mike. Have a great week!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

136 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you