want to access jira via webserver/jira

Jamie Lahowetz September 22, 2014

I want to be able to access JIRA via the url webserver/jira, no 8080 port. This is similar to how we have our wiki (webserver/mediawiki) but I cant figure out how to do that since Im not familiar with tomcat at all. We are running apache web server 2.2. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

If you've got Apache, the easiest trick is to simply use Apache as a proxy.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache

Jamie Lahowetz September 23, 2014

Going through that:

<!-- Apache Proxy Connector -->
        <Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true" 
                    proxyName="jira.hprcc0.unl.edu" proxyPort="80"/>
    <!-- Standard HTTP Connector -->
        <Connector acceptCount="100" connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" port="8081" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"/>

<Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost">
            <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
                <Context path="/jira" docBase="${catalina.home}/atlassian-jira" reloadable="false" useHttpOnly="true">

<Resource name="UserTransaction" auth="Container" type="javax.transaction.UserTransaction"
                              factory="org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory" jotm.timeout="60"/>
                    <Manager pathname=""/>
                </Context>

I get a 404 Not Found (or a timeout) error when trying: hprcc0.unl.edu:8081/JIRA

Note: we do not own unl.edu but we can possible get a url similar to jira.unl.edu, but I'm trying to avoid that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

You need to have a resolvable name to publish your Jira on. You said you wanted webserver/jira so I assumed you'd put that in.

Suggest an answer