viewing projects with different roles.

Isaias Salazar Torrealba January 30, 2019

Hi, 

I would like to ask .

Detail.

In our Jira Cloud, 

We have diferent roles, example JP (Project lead)  IS (software ewngineer).

So, a JP, create a project and his IS can see thats project in dashboard project, if the JP assigned to this project. (thats ok, no problem with thats)..

But, another JP, can see all the project of the other JP, even when they (JP) are not assigned to the project.

So, I would like to ask , if somebody, can tell me If  exist any configuration where only JP can see his own project in Dashboard project.

the reasson is: 

we have 10 JP, whit "N" IS.

any JP have around 10 or more project, and the see all the project in the dashboard project.

I tell us, that they can´t work quickly because its take more timer to looking ah specific project.

If somebody can help me. I would really apreciated.

Best regards.

1 answer

0 votes
Vasi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2019

Hey Isaias,

I am not 100% sure I understand your scenario, however this is what I am getting:

You would like to have a configuration where JPs would only see their own projects in "Projects" menu.

So overall it works the following way - a user can see a project in projects list in case this user has enough permissions.
This means that you will need to restrict access to different projects for different JPs and ISs.

If that's something you are going to do, I would recommend to modify permission schemes that are used by projects and configure permissions based on project roles.

Hope it helps!

Let me know if there are any details I am missing,
Vasily 

Suggest an answer