versionMatches() from JQL Tricks plugin not working

Sharon Conger August 29, 2012

I'm playing with the versionMatches function from the Tricks plugin, and it doesn't seem to be working. (I need to pull a report once a month for all of my developer's projects (around 11) and all of the releases for each project (between 1 and 4 per project per month), so doing this without some fancy functions is a major time sink.)

Here's a screenshot of the base query to show that we have data and what our fixversion looks like:

And then adding the function to the query, which gives me no results:

What am I doing wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Try something like this:

project in (BILLGTWY) and fixVersion in versionMatches(".*Jan/2012.*")

Bascially, it takes a Java regex as input.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Sorry, missed the last ')'. Updated the answer. try that!

Ah, perfection, thank you very much!

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

Or versionMatches(".*Jan/2012\\)") if it always ends with ')'

Ugh, the documentation did mention regex but the example had it as a simple string. But I tried your syntax and it's still not finding any tickets.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 29, 2012

You can also do ".*Jan/2012.*" since it looks like the regex is being anchored.

Suggest an answer