velocity report shows sprints with no issues

Troy Liesinger January 13, 2016

We have 2 teams each with a project that create their own sprints and at times the users will accidentally pick the wrong sprint (another team's) when creating an issue and that item will cross boards. Even when we change the sprint on the item our velocity charts are showing those sprints. Is there a way to clean this up? Our velocity charts show gaps where no committed points and no completed points for these items.

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Have you tried re-indexing to see if it fixes the problem?

Troy Liesinger January 25, 2016

Yes, just performed the re-index and still same result.

Julian Fainlight September 26, 2016

I have a similar issue and found the report below. This fits my scenario I believe, but don't want to do their fix so will have to live with this. I hope that after the 3rd sprint the (bad) velocity is ignored for some of the reports.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/311529/agile-board-velocity-chart-has-sprints-from-another-board-in-it-how-to-fix

John_Chesshir March 6, 2017

1+ for Julian's response.  I do not consider it to be an acceptable fix, but it does give some good information.

Suggest an answer