values sd.step.key

victor z June 16, 2014

what key values sd.step.key ?
where i can read about it?

7 answers

4 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2014

Hi Victor,

This particular property, as well as any sd.* properties are used specifically for JIRA Service Desk in its built in workflow.

Service Desk has a feature that causes issues to automatically transition from the 'Waiting for Customer' status to the 'Waiting for Support' status whenever the reporter of the issue comments on it. In order for it to actually transition as expected, all those conditions should be met:

• Service Desk must be enabled for the project
  • The commenter must be the issue reporter
  • The workflow used by the project must have the property: sd.workflow.key = sdItSupport
  • The current step of the workflow (ie. the status that the issue is currently on) must have the property: sd.step.key = sdWFCustomer
  • The workflow must have a step with the property: sd.step.key = sdWFSupport
  • The workflow must have an action (ie. transition between statuses) with the property sd.action.key = sdWfCustomerToWFSupport that transitions between the above two steps.
    If all those conditions are met, the automatic transition will happen. If something isn't correct, nothing happens.

So these property keys/values shouldn't be used in custom workflows as they were designed specifically for the Service Desk workflow; hence they're not even mentioned on the Workflow Properties documentation. If anyone wants this functionality in other projects/workflows, perhaps the JIRA Automation Plugin or the JIRA Toolkit Plugin can help. :)

Cheers,
Matheus

1 vote
victor z July 17, 2014

where in workflow to be must the property: sd.workflow.key = sdItSupport ?

Mario Günter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi Victor,

the same, I wonder too.

Lucas Senn November 14, 2014

Found it, its in the workflow definition. This one is stored in the table jiraworkflows. you need to edit the xml

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2014

Actually, you should be able to edit that directly through the UI in the workflow, see confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Lucas Senn November 14, 2014

The Transition and status properties,right. But the workflow properties are metadata tags in the xml and I havent found a UI to edit it.

1 vote
Denis Antonenko July 16, 2014

where in workflow to be must the property: sd.workflow.key = sdItSupport ?

0 votes
Pedro Martins August 10, 2014

Hi Matheus Fernandes,

I've been wondering as well of where should we add properties to workflows (sd.workflow.key = sdItSupport) becauseI I can't find it.

All the best,

Pedro M.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
November 14, 2014

Pedro, those are in the workflow itself (there are properties for steps and transitions in the workflow) see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Rodolfo December 6, 2014

Matheus, that doesn't answer the question of where you can add the property to the workflow. Using the UI you can only add properties to steps and transitions.

0 votes
victor z July 17, 2014

I obtained production workflow was from default Service Desk workflow editing as needed, worked all in jira 617, Issues are transitioning when commenting via email.

later I decided to update Jira to version 6.2.7 - Issues are not transitioning when commenting via email.

I checked on update jira 6.2 , 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3 and 6.1.7 in production configuration 6.1.7 successively increasing versions.

jira 6.2 , 6.2.1, 6.2.2 - autotransition status worked, Issues are transitioning when commenting via email. In Jira 6.2.3 and above version (also version 6.3) - Issues are not transitioning when commenting via email.

it suggests an idea that in Jira 6.2.3 any function was deleted?

0 votes
Denis Antonenko July 16, 2014

I obtained production workflow was from default Service Desk workflow editing as needed, worked all in jira 617, Issues are transitioning when commenting via email.

later I decided to update Jira to version 6.2.7 - Issues are not transitioning when commenting via email.

I checked on update jira 6.2 , 6.2.1, 6.2.2, 6.2.3 and 6.1.7 in production configuration 6.1.7 successively increasing versions.

jira 6.2 , 6.2.1, 6.2.2 - autotransition status worked, Issues are transitioning when commenting via email. In Jira 6.2.3 and above version (also version 6.3) - Issues are not transitioning when commenting via email.

it suggests an idea that in Jira 6.2.3 any function was deleted?

Suggest an answer