using version from projects in other projects

Uli Lamsfuss June 13, 2013

we currently have several projects defined. Inside those projects there are versions defined, which represent a software delivery.

Now I need a project to control those software deliveries. In this new project I need to use the versions of the other projects. I need to assign issues from the new project to all of the versions from all other projects.

How can I make the version public to this new project?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hi,

some time ago I asked for a very similar problem. Unfortunatelly I still haven t implemented that ..

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/162361/customfield-for-showing-versions-of-another-project

HTH

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hi Uli, there are a lot of questions on how to do this in AA, but it's currently not possible. What you can do (I do this way) is create the same version in the other project with same name and description. In the database you will see the two versions will have different ID's but when you search in Jira using the issue navigator all the issue with that version will be listed, no matter in what project is in.

Hope this helps.

Uli Lamsfuss June 13, 2013

Hi Ramiro,
thanks for your suggestion. Maybe that would be doable if I only had a couple of projects and a couple of versions in each. I guess I have too many of both. Further I am not sure how doubling the entries would secure the links to the Stories and testcases.
So, I think this is not the solution I am looking for.
thanks anyway.

Suggest an answer