using mention to generate emails, how to put JIRA id and issue summary into email subject?

Chao P Yang February 3, 2013

I am sure this has been asked by other users, but I want to know where to add my vote to this problem.

Right now, we are using metion a lot and we get a lot of emails in outlook with subject like "[JIRA] CP Yang mentioned you (JIRA)", so when we look back at such emails a week later, it would be very nice to have some clue as to which issue it was from.

Thanks.

CP

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

I agree. That would be nice. And this can be done with simeple modification on downloaded JIRA.

Unfortunately on onDemand instance, such customizations are not allowed.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

no idea. You can search for it under jira.atlassian.com.

Chao P Yang February 3, 2013

But this must have been requested by other OnDemand users, so I want to know if this has been submitted as a feature request of OnDemand so I can vote for it?

CP

Chao P Yang February 4, 2013

Thanks, I did and found an issue in place with only two votes and unassigned, so I have added a comment and added my vote

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27798

Hopefully more people will vote to push for this.

Suggest an answer