using $issue.priority.name in email subject

Robin DiNunzio January 13, 2016

I have a post-function set up in my workflow to generate an email under a certain set of conditions. The subject of the email includes '$issue.priority.name'. When I click Preview, the subject appears to be formatted perfectly, for example:

SubjectEscalated Professional Services Issue: Medium / One Month

But actual emails being delivered to my inbox are not displaying the subject as it did in the preview. This is what I'm seeing:

SubjectEscalated Professional Services Issue:

Does anyone know why 'priority' is missing? Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Is the issue used in the Preview and Actual the same? Maybe the actual email really does not have the priority set.

Robin DiNunzio January 13, 2016

I just checked, and the issues coming through do indeed have the priority field populated.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2016

Can you check on the server side logs to see if there are any hints? It might be the special characters or something else. Wild guess for now.

Robin DiNunzio January 14, 2016

I was able to fix this issue by removing the { } around the field, which I didn't post in my question. Sorry about that.

{$issue.priority.name} was displaying correctly in preview, but not in the actual email. By removing the brackets, it solved the issue. 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

So it is the special characters after all.

Robin DiNunzio January 14, 2016

Yes! Thanks so much, Gabrielle.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2016

Glad to have helped!

Suggest an answer