users by project report

Sebastián Magariños July 10, 2015

I´m trying to audit users on our account and I need a report showing users and role assigned to project/s. Is there a way to get this information?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

You can use the getProjectRoleActorList action from the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI) add-on  to produce a list of groups and/or users who are assigned to project roles.

For instance, this command:

jira --action getProjectRoleActorList --project "myprojkey" --role "@all" --outputFormat 2

returns output like this:

"Project","Role","User/Group Id","Description","Type"
"myprojkey","Administrators","jira-administrators","jira-administrators","atlassian-group-role-actor"
"myprojkey","Administrators","jira-developers","jira-developers","atlassian-group-role-actor"
"myprojkey","Administrators","jdoe","John Doe","atlassian-user-role-actor"
"myprojkey","Developers","jira-developers","jira-developers","atlassian-group-role-actor"
"myprojkey","Users","jira-users","jira-users","atlassian-group-role-actor"

If you then need to see the members of various groups, you can use the getUserList action.

BTW, the above technique works on both JIRA Server and JIRA Cloud. wink

Henk Keuris November 15, 2017

Can we get all projects, rather than only a single project? In other words, can we use a wildcard in the projects parameter?

I've tried % and *, without success...

0 votes
Sebastián Magariños July 13, 2015

thx! I'll give it a try.

Suggest an answer