user work log regardless of issue security level

Mohammad Amin Sheikhzadegan January 23, 2017

hi,

in our jira there are 2 security level, in firs security level everybody can see issues and in second only specific user can see issues,

now I want create a filter that show a user worklog and set this filter on jira timesheet report & gadget plugin,

suppose user name is X, this user log work in 2 issue (issue1, issue2) that have firs security level and he/she can see those issues and log work on those, now I write this JQL :

worklogauthor = X

then issue navigator show 2 issue that this user log work on those and set this filter on timesheet plugin and it work correctly,

then after some day for some reason I decide that change issue2 security level to second type and after that user X can not see issue2 and this is correct, but we want he/she see his/her worklog that loged in past but it does not happen and worklogauthor = X only show issue1,

I think user X although should not see issues with second security level but he/she regardless of issues security level must can create a filter on he/she loged work at all time (past and current),

thanks for your attention :)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2017

If you secure an issue from someone, you are deliberately hiding it.  The user can't see the issue, and hence not see the worklog - it's not secure any other way.

Mohammad Amin Sheikhzadegan January 25, 2017

thanks Nic

so how can I set an issue security level base on work log author ?!

namely I want an issue security level that user X can see all of issues that he/she log work on that issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2017

You can't, directly.

Best I can think of without code - use the JIRA Toolkit field "participants" and then grant access to that in the security scheme.  Participants accumulates the reporter, assignee and anyone who has commented into a single field.

Mohammad Amin Sheikhzadegan January 27, 2017

thanks, I test participants field in JIRA toolkit plugin but it do not save users that log work on an issue sad

Mohammad Amin Sheikhzadegan January 27, 2017

is there a plugin with custom field that save users that log work on an issue ?!

or I should use script runner plugin ?!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2017

I don't know of one, but yes, SR should be able to do it.  Might be best as a listener that catches "work logged" and copies the user into a multi-user-select

Suggest an answer