user not on issue getting notification emails

Shaun Johnston May 2, 2016

Hi,

We are running JIRA 7.1.4 and a user that is not associated with an issue is getting notification e-mails when the issue is updated.  This seems to only happen for one user, on several issues but not all of them. The user is not a watcher, the assignee, the creator, or the reporter on these issues – they are not in the history of the issue, and they have not been mentioned in the comments either.

Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking into this? 

Thanks,

Shaun

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Sounds like their email is being used by another user who is associated with the issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Or the notification scheme includes them in some other way (group, role) or you're sending mail to a dummy "group" account.

Thanks Joe and Nic for your answers.

There are only two people associated with this issue, I checked their profiles and they are not using the other user's e-mail address.

Also, we are using the default notification scheme, so all changes to the issue only get sent to: All Watchers, Current Assignee, and Reporter – which the user is not part of any of those groups.

And, both people associated with this issue are using their own e-mail address, not a group e-mail account.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 2, 2016

I'd say it is time to open a ticket with Atlassian. It wouldn't hurt to perform a re-index so you can tell them you did.

Ok, that was my next step.  Thanks for the tip about re-indexing, I will do that now.

Suggest an answer