user invitation

nadiah mohammad January 2, 2014

i've invited some of my collegues as a user to my localhost using invitation by email on JIRA but they didn't received any invitation by JIRA through their emails. please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2014
nadiah mohammad January 5, 2014

i've already setup SMTP server and my colleuges received the user invitation by JIRA. however, when they click the sign up link sent by jira invitation (localhost) , they still unable to retrieve the sign up window. please advise

nadiah mohammad January 8, 2014

please advise regarding to my previous question above.thanks.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

using localhost they can't access you machine, yehy have to acce with your machine IP address

0 votes
Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2014

If you haven't set up an SMTP server, they won't get the invitation.

For the next problem, which I anticipate will happen shortly after you add that SMTP server...

They must be able to access JIRA using the base URL you specified in the General Configuration admin screen. They will not be able to access JIRA using a URL like http://localhost:8080/jira

nadiah mohammad January 2, 2014

what is SMTP server? how can i set up it? please advise

Suggest an answer