user-directories

gayati ingle October 15, 2013

How to know that currently which configuration IK am running for my jira user management? For example, internal to Jira? LDAP? Crowd?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2013

Start with Administration -> System information - that will tell you most of what you need to know about user management configuration.

It won't tell you exact details at a level you can use to start debugging it, but it'll be enough to answer questions you might get asked here if you're struggling with user related stuff.

pooja kamble October 16, 2013

I am using Jira's internal system, now tell me how to make usermanagement option visible

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2013

If you are using the internal system, then it's there. You don't need to do anything other than log in as an administrator.

If you can't find it, then you'll need to tell us where you're looking and what you're expecting. What else do you have on the Admin-cog menu for example?

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2013

You can define several active user directories. Per user user you can define the user directory where you created the user (LDAP or JIRA or what else). Have a look at your user management in JIRA admin panel, column directory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2013

You need to be a little more detailed than that.

Just adding an internal Jira directory doesn't actually tell us enough to help you. You need to tell us if you are using Crowd, or if you are using Jira's internal system. If it's Crowd and you've added the internal directory in there, then you'll need to check the settings for that directory to make sure it's allowing Jira to update the system.

If all you've done is swapped Jira to use it's own internal system, then all you need is Admin rights and you'll be able to maintain users.

gayati ingle October 15, 2013

I have configured jira inteernal directory in, now tell me how to set user management option visible in my jira account.

Suggest an answer