use of jira

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

has anyone though or has tried to make an app or plugin or found a way to be able to charge customers that use jira? or submit a ticket?

2 answers

1 vote
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

could you clarify the requirement? What way of automatization do you need?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2014

I think you need to expand the use-case here. Why would you want to charge people to use Jira? If I was asked to do that, I'd tell you to take a running jump and run my own.

If, on the other hand, you're interested in charging people for work logged in Jira because they use Jira to raise issues for you to work on, that's understandable - is that what you mean?

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Hi John,

If I understand your requirement, I think you are thinking of integrating a payment gateway with JIRA.

For example, you are providing paid services to your customers and tracking service requests using JIRA. Your workflow might be something like Submitted -> Quote provided -> Make Payment -> Payment Received -> In Progress -> Closed.

When customer receives a quote, and clicks on Make Payment, he should be redirected to a payment gateway and automatically redirected to the issue and also the issue should be moved to "Payment Received" state. Is this the use case?

Thank you

Bhushan

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Please also tink about tempo plugin - if the use case is to charge customers for worked hours:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Account+Manager

Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2014

Hi Bhushan

this what I was trying to explain. I apologize it was late at night and did not explained real well.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014
Am I misunderstanding your question here but are you trying to punish customers they are giving you feedback?

Suggest an answer