url for quick search (chrome extension)

Kevin Fahy November 26, 2019

chrome extension quick jira 

It says I need to enter the url and I have no idea what the url is that I need to enter

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2019

@Kevin FahyWelcome to the community!

The extension need your Jira's base URL, i.e. URL you use to access your Jira.

0 votes
Kevin Fahy December 2, 2019

@DPKJ Thank you for your reply!!  I thought so as well, but I was confused by the text that said the url NEEDED to end in an "=" which made no sense. I entered the obvious url that we use, omitting only the Jira number (our url has a dash before the Jira number, not an equals sign), and it is working.

Not sure why the plugin is stating that the url needs to end in an "=" Apparently the statement is incorrect

quick jira.png

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2019

Oh! I guess extension you are using (do send me a link for verification) is asking you complete search URL. As per the screenshot above,

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 13, 2020

@Kevin FahyIf answer above have help you, can you mark it as accepted to help others looking for same thing.

Kevin Fahy January 28, 2020

Hello DPK J

Your first answer helped, and your second answer was very confusing and I did not understand much of the link either. I solved this after your first answer by entering the normal url except for the part after "/browse."

I have come to the conclusion that after opening the plugin it has misleading/incorrect/outdated instructions. The advertisement of the plugin at the link below uses a screenshot perhaps from a previous version or some place I am unaware of and this advertised screenshot correctly says to enter the url normally used, but skip the part after "browse/." After opening the plugin, the actual instructions that I pasted a screenshot of at the top were the source of confusion

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-jira/acdnmaeifljongleeegkkfnfcopblokj

advertisement.png

Suggest an answer