upgrading jira from 6.4 to 7.0.9

Gopinath Velayudhan January 30, 2017

Hi - I am trying to upgrade JIRA from 6.4.12 to the latest version but based on the upgrade documentation you will have to upgrade JIRA to 7.0 before upgrading to newer versions. When I try to upgrade JIRA from 6.4.12 to 7.0.0 I get the Database error mentioned in JRA-47267 which has been fixed in version 7.0.9. 

based on the workaround in the ticket i will have to do an import into a new Database which i would like to avoid. 

So is it possible to directly upgrade from 6.4.12 to 7.0.9 instead of 7.0.0. will that be an issue?

Thanks

Gopi

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2017

No, not a problem.

You'll often find us talk about using specific versions when upgrading, but if you look carefully, you might notice that we rarely quote specific point releases.  It's usually things like 6.4 -> 7.0.  The reason is that it's almost always best to use the latest point release you can get.  When we say "go to 7.0", we mean "go to 7.0.latest".  It's very rare that you'll see "go to 7.0.specific", and you'll usually only see it as we quote the original question OR when we're talking about a very specific bug that exists in a specific point release.

Srikanth M July 3, 2017

Thanks for a nice explanation.

Suggest an answer