upgrading from jira 4.3.3 to 5.2.11

jagnikam_devopstech October 9, 2013

Hi,

I am getting below error while upgrading to jira 5.2.11.

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira [116]: Unable to resolve 116.0: missing requirement [116.0] package; (package=com.opensymphony.user)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1709)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:892)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:417)
2013-10-10 14:42:51,899 http-bio-8080-exec-19 ERROR user01 882x358x1 1dqikhf 172.27.12.74 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] Unable to enable plugin com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:445)
at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:237)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:114)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enable(PluginEnabler.java:99)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enableAllRecursively(PluginEnabler.java:66)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enablePlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:1181)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.enablePlugins(JiraPluginManager.java:66) <+3>
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

Hi, it seems an issues with JIRA Agile (Greenhopper), I suggest to make sure it's in a compatible version with JIRA 5.2.11.

Cheers

jagnikam_devopstech October 14, 2013

Thanks Tiago. I am using greenhopper 5.6.8-******-2. (com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira)

What is the ideal way to upgrade it. Appreciate your help.

***** - relates to company name.

Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2013

Hi Jagannath, it shouldn't be something very troublesome, I'd suggest you to basically create a backup of your instance and upload the latest compatible version of JIRA Agile at Administration > Manage Add-ons.

Cheers

Suggest an answer