upgrading from jira 4.3.3 to 5.2.11

Hi,

I am getting below error while upgrading to jira 5.2.11.

Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira [116]: Unable to resolve 116.0: missing requirement [116.0] package; (package=com.opensymphony.user)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3409)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1709)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:892)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:417)
2013-10-10 14:42:51,899 http-bio-8080-exec-19 ERROR user01 882x358x1 1dqikhf 172.27.12.74 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler] Unable to enable plugin com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:445)
at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:237)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:114)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enable(PluginEnabler.java:99)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enableAllRecursively(PluginEnabler.java:66)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enablePlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:1181)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.enablePlugins(JiraPluginManager.java:66) <+3>
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi, it seems an issues with JIRA Agile (Greenhopper), I suggest to make sure it's in a compatible version with JIRA 5.2.11.

Cheers

Thanks Tiago. I am using greenhopper 5.6.8-******-2. (com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira)

What is the ideal way to upgrade it. Appreciate your help.

***** - relates to company name.

Hi Jagannath, it shouldn't be something very troublesome, I'd suggest you to basically create a backup of your instance and upload the latest compatible version of JIRA Agile at Administration > Manage Add-ons.

Cheers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,331 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot