upgrading from Jira 6 to Jira 7 new license page

Ethan Catherman June 6, 2016

I am having difficulty installing my new license for JIRA into the program

At first I could not get it to recognize my login but I added the startup parameter it suggested and fixed that.

-Dnon.admin.upgrade=true

Now I am getting an error:

setLicense called with illegal ValidationResult object
java.lang.IllegalStateException: setLicense called with illegal ValidationResult object
	at com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseServiceImpl.setLicense(JiraLicenseServiceImpl.java:171) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.executeNewLicense(ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.java:288) [classes/:?]
	at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.doExecute(ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.java:246) [classes/:?]
	at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165) [webwork-1.4-atlassian-30.jar:?]

2 answers

1 vote
Filippo Murroni July 11, 2016

My workaround:

I've started a 30 days demo and then replaced licence

ChrisBAshton August 5, 2017

Thanks, this worked for me too.

Choose the option to stick with "Evaluation License" until you can actually get to your dashboard - then worry about putting in your official license.

0 votes
Sam Lander June 15, 2016

I am also seeing a problem like this. Including a fragment of my log ....

2016-06-16 09:56:26,079 JIRA Warmer Thread:thread-1 INFO      [c.a.jira.i18n.I18nWarmer] Init i18n cache
2016-06-16 09:56:27,726 JIRA Warmer Thread:thread-1 INFO      [c.a.jira.i18n.I18nWarmer] Initialised i18n cache in 1647
2016-06-16 10:01:39,879 http-nio-8080-exec-2 ERROR      [o.a.c.c.C.[.[localhost].[/].[action]] Servlet.service() for servlet [action] in context with path [] threw exception [java.lang.IllegalStateException: setLicense called with illegal ValidationResult object] with root cause
java.lang.IllegalStateException: setLicense called with illegal ValidationResult object
        at com.atlassian.jira.bc.license.JiraLicenseServiceImpl.setLicense(JiraLicenseServiceImpl.java:171)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.executeNewLicense(ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.java:288)
        at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.doExecute(ConfirmNewInstallationWithOldLicense.java:246)
        at webwork.action.ActionSupport.execute(ActionSupport.java:165)
        at com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63)

Suggest an answer