upgrading JIRA - data model changes between 5.2.2 and 6.2 versions

Jiří Danda June 16, 2014

We intend to upgrade JIRA from the 5.2.2 to 6.2 version. Because we upload data from JIRA database into our data warehouse, I need to ensure, there no changes at all (or to get their specific list) in JIRA data models between these two specific versions. Unfortunatelly I was not able to find this information on your web, only the complete data model without changes. Atlassian support does not provide this information (surprise). Please has someone found some data model changes already?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2014

Yes, there are some changes. More if you are using anything that hooks into active objects or you've got plugins that work with data.

Thing is, the data model changes are irrelevant for most users, because the whole thing has an API layered over it to make the data usable. I'm afraid your only useful option is to work out what has changed for yourself. Generate a model for 5.2 as you have it now, upgrade a test system with your data to 6.2, generate a model of that, and diff the two of them.

In fact, that approach probably won't work in the long run - the active objects tables may change without even an upgrade if you use some plugins.

Suggest an answer