upgrade test installation disables production

akhan May 5, 2013

I have a production 3.4.1 on a server. On a separate server I upgraded the 3.4.1 to the 5.2.1 using an evaluation license. But when I'm running the 5.2.1 test installation I cannot access the dashboard on the production.

is this due to some data that was migrated not allowing two instances?

thanks

4 answers

0 votes
akhan May 6, 2013

thanks, let me try that

0 votes
akhan May 5, 2013

but they are on different machines how can that be?

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Have you try using other port number instead ? Yes they can be in a different machine but if is under the same network still it would cause the problem.

0 votes
akhan May 5, 2013

but is this port the main reason why i can't access production since i have a test installation up with the same settings?

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

yes i guess that's the problem. You need to switch to other port since currently it is clashing with your other port belongs to the production system.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2013

Hi Akhan

Since you are using JIRA 3.4.1, you cannot directly upgrade to 5.2.1, it will cause data integration problem in JIRA. You would need to upgrade from 3.4.1 to 4.4.x then only to 5.2.1

Best if you follow this documentation which is Upgrading JIRA with a Fallback Method

Hopefully it helps!

Cheers :)

darylchuah
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2013

Hi Akhan

I guess as long as the port is not being used by other application, then you are fine to use it. Please confirm is there any application is using the same port as your JIRA. Thanks

akhan May 5, 2013

hi

thanks but i actually installed 3.13.5 imported my data, then exported, then installed 4.4.5 imported the data, then exported, then installled 5.2.11, this final installation wasn't have any issues.

from my understanding i should change port 8080 to 8081 in the sever.xml file in the conf folder.

can you confirm? thanks!

Suggest an answer