• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

upgrade 8.1 to 8.5 - after ugrade get JIRA Setup rather than log in to existing JIRA Edited

After my backups, Oracle was started but not JIRA.  Set off the Jira software exe and set it to upgrade, and it appeared to work.  However at the end of the process to "launch in Browser" it gives me Jira Setup rather than my usual login page.  What has gone wrong here - was it because I had not started up JIRA after my backups before the upgrade?

If I restore my backup, I have a new Service - can I use this one with my restore?

Also, on the point of restoring, just so I know here - if I have to restore, can I just restore the JIRA_INSTALL directory, or do I have to do JIRA_HOME as well? Do I have to restore the Oracle as well?

Please advise.

1 answer

1 accepted

OK, still not wholly sure why the upgrade failed, but I restored my 8,1 JIRA directories and Oracle database so all consistent and then recreated the JIRA Windows Service (can't use new one).  Could then login fine,

Tried upgrade again and it then worked OK.  Weird as it should be simple.  Looking back through the now many upgrades of JIRA I've done, and have had issues on several similar occasions.  Sometimes it works, sometimes not...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you