update my account from cloud to a dedicated server.

Afroditi Tzarou October 12, 2014

Hello,

My team has been using JIRA and JIRA agile cloud for the needs of our project during the last 4 months. However, since the demands have been growing, we have been thinking of using a dedicated server instead of the cloud environment.

My question to you is the following: would such a transition jeopardize the safety of our already saved in your platform data?

Thank you in advance!

Afroditi

2 answers

0 votes
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2014

Hi Afroditi,

Here's an article that provides some general information and steps to be aware of when migrating from OD to a server you manage. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+from+JIRA+Cloud+to+JIRA+Server

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2014

No.  You should install the server version on your own kit, get it running, then go to Cloud and use the backup facility to get an XML export.  Then you can import that into your Server version.

Suggest an answer