update jira properties in jira-config.properties file (v5.1.8) but not working

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

I need to increase the following jira (v5.1.8) property from 1000 (default) to 10000, I followed the Atlassian DOC and added the property to jira-config.properties file (under jira HOME dir), then restart jira instance but it didn't work (still restricted to 1000 records), any ideas? This property used to be in jira-application.properties file in jira version 4.3 Thanks

<property>
<key>jira.search.views.default.max=10000</key>
</property>
<property>
<key>jira.search.views.max.limit=</key>
</property>

also tried the following and not working as well

<property>
<key>jira.search.views.default.max=10000</key>
</property>
<property>
<key>jira.search.views.max.limit=-1</key>
</property>

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Write the below line in your jira-config.properties

jira.search.views.max.limit=10000

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2013

The file is plain text, not xml.

Please also be aware that you could easily overload and kill your Jira installation by using this. (No data loss, but you can make it unusable and need to restart it)

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Thank you all, it works now and I'll keep an eye on the overload issue. Thanks

Suggest an answer