update issue with sil

Christian-Alexander Zerbe-Heinrich August 31, 2014

Hello to everyone,

this is my first post.

I got the task to set up a more or less automatic workflow for our development purposes.
I managed to automatically create issues with sub-issues and run several transitions in both directions.
Now I have the problem that I could not edit the "fix-version" field for the issue (I guess this one is not manually added by our administration), and I was wondering - because I neede to modify the workflow (no parent-child relation for some issue types anymore) - how to change this field attribute, if I only have a issuekey.
I thought this is possible with the JJUPIN plug-in SIL, but I could not find any resolution.

Any help or answer (that it is not working) is appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

Hi Christian,

JIRA's Fix Versions field can be accessed just like any other variable by the name of fixVersions ( http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution).

HTH

Thanks for the hint.
I will try this out, by defining a hidden transition, which is triggered by the creating issue.
Hopefully this works.

FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2014

You can also reference values from other issues like this:

PROJ-123.fixVersions = {"1.0", "2.0" } ;

or using substitution

string issueKey = "PROJ-123";
%issueKey%.fixVersions = {"1.0", "2.0"};

0 votes

Thanks for your help.

Worked for me for the moment. Now I need to read out the fixVersion of the current issue, but I think I will manage this.

Thanks a lot, and all the best.

Suggest an answer