1. we are on Jira server in our enterprise. Would like to know how to
- update a custom field option in a custom field
- add a custom field option in a custom field
2. similar option for jira server as available on jira cloud platform here - https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options/#api-rest-api-3-field-fieldid-context-contextid-option-put
1. Log in as an admin and go to Admin -> Issues -> Custom fields, find your field and click "configure" next to it. Select list type fields will present you with the current list of options and you can add/edit/delete the options
2. Cloud works the same for company-managed projects. Server doesn't have team-managed projects, so you don't need to think about the fields people have added individually there.
Hi @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ , thanks for your response. Actually even my first question was for the rest api steps required to achieve point 1. Sorry for not clarifying that.
So do you happen to have any rest api solution to update custom field options? I saw solutions available for cloud platform but did not find anything similar for enterprise server platform.
Appreciate your help!
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events