update custom field in transition based on project category

samuel_ballé July 23, 2015

I would like to have a custom field set equal to project category when a ticket is created in this project.

So far, I do it in the workflow at the create transition with separate workflows each with the right value in a custom field set publication function.

My need is to set this custom field to a default value depending on global property of the project when the ticket is created in a unique workflow for all projects. And the unique global property of the project I see is the project category.

It seems that groovy script is a possibility, but it is beyond my knowledge of jira...

Any clue ?

1 answer

0 votes
Betsy Walker {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

You can use the Update Issue post-function of the Update on Transition for JIRA add-on, which allows for updating an issue based on various forms of conditional processing. Just set the condition based on the project_category variable described here, and then set your custom field as desired.

This recipe shows how to add a comment during a workflow transition, based on identifying issues with a particular type of link defined to the issue being transitioned. It's not exactly on point with what you're trying to do, but it should give you a good sense of how it will work.

This add-on saves from having to do (and maintain!) coding to do many things! wink

Suggest an answer