update JIRA issue depend of build status

ariel levy February 8, 2014

i'm trying to update Jira issue at the end of the build.

i know there is a CLI plugin for that but i didn't found a way to condition the transition to progress by the build status.

would like to progress the issue to QA if the build success or send back to developper if the build failed.

i can wrote a plugin for that but seem to me basic feature. i also read there is something like that in Jira ondemand version.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ariel levy February 24, 2014

finally wrote a plugin that request by rest the status of the build and depend of the status move on or send back the jira issue.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2014

JIRA CLI task can handle the first part by putting it after the last task of the build. If the build fails before that task, then Bamboo will not run the task. For the second part, I am not sure what you mean by return it back to the developer. Is that another transition? This likely means scripting is needed. I created BCLIP-14 for you, but it is unlikely to be done anytime soon unless others have a similar need and can vote it up.

Suggest an answer