unset assignee in create transition (of cloned issue)

skorzinetzki April 28, 2013

Use Case:

Cloned issues have cloned the assignee, but they should come up as not assigned.

Solution approach:

I want to unset the assignee in the create transition, because there is no special clone step or event.

For this, I created a post-function in the create transition. It is the update issue field post-function and selected "assignee" as field and "not assigned" as value.

Problem:

I positioned it after any existing post-function. No matter where, it does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have another solution approach? Jira-Version is: 4.4!

Thank you!

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
skorzinetzki January 9, 2014

Now I have a new use case with same requirement, so I tried again... :)
And I found a solution:

Last time I used "Update Issue Field", which is a post function of a plugin.

Now I used "Clear Field Value" post function, which works!

(Shame on me...)

raja shekar December 23, 2016

I have a same requirement to unset assignee when you clone but i don't see "Clear Field Value" in post function. Can you please help?

error.JPG

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

hey steve.

right now i only got one idea

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus

but i will try to find a free solution...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

agree. i will try to dig more into this..

skorzinetzki May 2, 2013

Thank you for that. For this single use case these costs are way to expensive, though.

0 votes
skorzinetzki May 1, 2013

Any other suggestions?

0 votes
skorzinetzki April 29, 2013

@zezeto

Thank you for this suggestion, our jira instance was already configured to allow unassigned issues. This is even the default case for this specific project.

@Natalie Hobson

Hehe, yes I did that! :)

0 votes
skorzinetzki April 29, 2013

I found this answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29053/clearing-fields-on-cloned-issues-during-cloning-action

This tells exactly that this way (post-function in create transition) should work. Maybe I will have look at the logs... -> nothing in here...

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Just a check - did you remember to publish the workflow before trying it out?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2013

I think that this link can help you to autorize unassigned issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users

Good Luck

Suggest an answer