uncheck "Clone Sub Tasks" by default

James Valles January 24, 2018

Hi there, is there a config file, setting in JIRA, that would uncheck the "Clone Sub Tasks" check box on default? 

We do NOT want users to clone subtasks. Right now, the "Clone Sub Tasks" option is checked by default, which is causing issues.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciate. Thank you so much. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2018

I have been researching this topic in depth.   There has been a past feature request to change this by default over in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-28850

Although this was closed as something what won't be implemented in Jira, I have been looking for other possible options to control this.    I thought perhaps there might be a javascript that could be injected into the page itself in order to change this checkbox when the clone issue dialog appears, but so far I have not been able to make this work, so I'm not sure if that avenue is a viable alternative yet or not.

I did come across this post in my search: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Permission-for-cloning-issues/qaq-p/484790

I realize this post is a bit different because the user wants to restrict which users can perform a clone.   However while investigating this, I believe that the plugin referred to in this post, Clone Plus for Jira, looks to be able to allow you to change the default clone properties as per Clone Properties - Bob Swift documentation.   This plugin only appears to be available for Jira Server at the moment (it does not appear to have a Jira Cloud version at this time).

So far, this plugin's configuration properties is the only way I been able to find to set this by default.

James Valles January 29, 2018

Andrew, thank you very much for that detailed response. It is much appreciated. I will look at the options you have presented. 

Suggest an answer