unable to share a dashboard

Deleted user September 18, 2018

Hello, 

I am trying to share a dashboard to the group/project. 

I am going to the dashboard's "share"/"Edit" option and sharing it with a group/project.

After updating the information, it doesn't work. 

When I search for the dashboard, it doesn't show that it has been shared with someone

Screenshots attached!

Thanks, 

Tawhid Jira dashboard issue.pngshare option 1 - dashboard.pngafter assigning a group, it doesnt show whom it is shared with.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

Hi @[deleted]

Did you click on the add button after you selected the group ? you have to do this and after run the update.

Regards

Ryan Fish
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

@[deleted]

What Mohamed said ^.
Also, remember to share the filters with the intended audience.

0 votes
Deleted user September 18, 2018

Thank you for clarifying the problem. Hahaha. You are right that i wasn't hitting the add button. @Mohamed Benzian

Aravindhan Vidyadharan July 2, 2021

Hello @[deleted] @Mohamed Benziane ,

I am also facing similar issue, After clicking Add project, unable to save it. Do we need any specific access to share the Dashboard ?

Share Dashboard.PNG

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 2, 2021

Make sure you have the create shared object global permission.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-global-permissions/

Like Aravindhan Vidyadharan likes this
Aravindhan Vidyadharan July 16, 2021

Thank you @Mohamed Benziane it worked. 

Needed one more info, i created one Gadget using the Advanced Search filters. The filter i selected is local to me. i am able to view the gadgets perfectly, but to other people to whom i shared the dashboard they are facing issues. MicrosoftTeams-image.png 

Even after sharing the filter with the team, the above error is shown to them. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 16, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events