unable to set a multi line field mandatory when values are changed in a text field

saravanan subramanian October 13, 2015

Hi , I have two custom fields one is a select list and the other is multi line text field.  I need to make the multi line text field mandatory when the there is a change to the select list.

I added the following code using the behavior plugin at the select list field - It didnt work - Please help me out.

import org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericValue
import com.atlassian.core.ofbiz.util.OFBizPropertyUtils    
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager 
def componentManager = ComponentManager.instance
FormField formComponent = getFieldByID(FieldChanged)
FormField psitre = getFieldById("customfiled_18292")
psitre.setRequired(true)

1 answer

2 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2015

HI Saravanan, 

The code below shows how to make a multi line text field mandatory when a select list has had an option selected using behaviours.

As the value will always change to another non value this will ensure that the multi line text field stays mandatory when the select list value field is updated on the create or edit screens.

// Get a pointer to both my fields
def demoSelect = getFieldByName("Demo Select List") 
def demoMultiTxt = getFieldByName("Demo Multi Line Text Field") 
// Get the Value of the Select List Field
def selectedVal = demoSelect.getValue()
if (selectedVal != null){
demoMultiTxt.setRequired(true)
}

Kristian

saravanan subramanian October 19, 2015

Thanks. I will try this out

saravanan subramanian October 19, 2015

Hi Kristian, Thanks for your help. The above hook fires even before the select list value is changed - can we change it in such a way only it fires when there is a change to the field value?? thanks Saran

Suggest an answer