unable to modify reporter

Kamil Kosinski May 10, 2016

Hello JIRA Community,

I tried to modify the reporter of a ticket, but this is not possible, because the option doesn´t even appear. I also tried to use the permission helper and then it shows all permissions set correctly. I still use the default screen schema on every project, the reporter cannot be modifiedt either with an user with admin permissions nor as JIRA admin.

Just to make the problem some more clear...
What I would like to see:

able to modify.JPG

What I actually see:

unable to modyfi.JPG

P.S. These screenshots come from two different JIRA Servers, I tried to compare JIRA Core settings, but this didn´t help.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes

Kamil

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

Two basic checks:

Look at the permission scheme - does your user have "modify reporter" permission?

Look at the edit screen for the project/issuetype (drill down through the issue type screen scheme) - is "reporter" on it?

Kamil Kosinski May 10, 2016

Yes, my user got the permission modify reporter.

But if I want to edit the issue, there is no field "reporter"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2016

Could you check the screen I asked about?  Not just click edit, look at the configuration.

Suggest an answer