unable to find com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatsGroup;

Gopinath Velayudhan June 4, 2012

i am setting up my eclipse to help setup a report plugin environment. I have everything setup right based on the informaiotn to setup development environement using the ltest jira sdk.

Now i am trying to setup the test report using the instruction provided in the below

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Creating+a+JIRA+Report

Based on the information when i try to setup the java file. i get promted for errors in my IDE - unable to find the follwoing classes

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatsGroup;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.util.OneDimensionalDocIssueHitCollector;

import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.FieldVisibilityBean;

import com.opensymphony.user.User;

import org.apache.lucene.search.HitCollector;

i am using atlassian-jir-api 5.0 and when i look at it i do not see the class files in the jar. but all the docs has information on statsGroup. Is there any thing that I am missing.

Please help

can someone help me with this issue.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 8, 2012

jira-core is commented out by default in the pom.xml. Uncommenting it should fix the problem.

I really think Atlassian should do some updates on their report plugin tutorial. On one side dependency on jira-core is not recommended, on the other the tutorial offers no alternative. What is the right thing to do?

Gustav Rodewald August 14, 2013

Eirik -- your comment was helpful but I'd like to add

If you are using Eclipse, you have to run the atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse AFTER you edit the pom.xml. If you have already created the Eclipse project, you can just run atlas-mvn eclipse:eclipse again and it works.

0 votes
Alok kumar Singh March 9, 2013

@Eirik Midttun [Data Respons Norge AS] :- I uncommented jira-core but still I am facing the same problem.

Gopinath Velayudhan March 10, 2013

mine worked. But i having issues stating the web app when running atlas-run it errors out trying to get dummy::dummy and i am not able to fix that.

i guess there is some reference in the surefire report that is looking for dummy and i am not able to resolve it.

0 votes
Logan G Hawkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013

I'm having similar problems. I have imported com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatisticsMapper and Eclipse can see that lib. It fails to find com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatsGroup. I'm using SDK 4.0 and I've got jira-api-5.1.8.jar included in my project.

The JavaDocs show me that jira-api-5.1.8.jar should have StatsGroup but it doesn't.

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.FilterStatisticsValuesGenerator; // Works
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatisticsMapper; // Works
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.StatsGroup; // Missing
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.statistics.util.OneDimensionalDocIssueHitCollector; // Missing

I'm having an identical problem with the import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean library:

import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.FieldVisibilityBean; //MISSING
import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.PagerFilter; // WORKS

If there's a solution, please point me to it. I'm out of ideas.

0 votes
Torsten Lang June 21, 2012

Hello

I also had the same issue! Luckily at last I found out:

1) I first pressed STRG + Shift + T in Eclipse and searched for "StatsGroup". I found out, that the class should be in the jar: C:\Programme\Eclipse\workspace\Jira 3 Libs\jars\atlassian-jira-3.13.3.jar

2) I searched for "HitCollector" and found out it is in jar: lucene-core-2.2.0.jar

3) I added these jars to my project-buildpath in Eclipse and the errors were gone.

4) At last I searched for "TextUtils", which is in the same package as the "opensymphony.user.User" and found out that it's in jar: oscore-2.2.7.jar. But adding this jar didn't solve the issue. Then I found the jar osuser-1.0-dev-log4j... and added this. The user-problem had been solved!

But still I have some "HitCollector"-problem . . .

Bye

T.Lange

0 votes
Gopinath Velayudhan June 14, 2012

is anyone elase seeing this issue or am i doing doing wrong with the setup.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Suggest an answer