unable to connect after system restart

Andrei Stefanescu July 1, 2017

Hello,

I was trying Jira server on Ubuntu 17.04 running on a virtual machine.

Ubuntu is a fresh install.

After the installation Jira worked just fine, but after a restart, I was unable to connect ( localhost:8080 ).

I tried to change the ports in server.xml, but that didn't work, still couldn't connect.

Can you please help with this issue, I'm trying to decide whether or not to implement Jira, and can't do that without testing.

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2017

"Unable to connect" suggests you haven't started the service yet.

Have you tried starting it?  What does the log say?

Andrei Stefanescu July 5, 2017

Hello

in terminal i tried:

root@ubuntu:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin# sudo start-jira.sh
sudo: start-jira.sh: command not found
root@ubuntu:/opt/atlassian/jira/bin# start-jira.sh
start-jira.sh: command not found

At what log shoul I look?

Any help would be much apreciated.

Thank you

Andrei Stefanescu July 5, 2017

Here are all the jira jogs I could find:

https://we.tl/kiQJoGn2Rs

Andrei Stefanescu July 6, 2017

so, i started jira with the command: sudo ./start-jira.sh, and it works ok, but it doesn't automaticaly start after system restart

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2017

Hmm, it seems like we've lost a chunk of this conversation, but there's enough to con

Ok, that's good, although it should not be being run as root (check the script user.sh in the same place as start-jira.sh has the right user name it in, then make sure that user owns all files and directories under the jira installation and home directories)

You'll want a startup script for the operating system.  JIRA typically installs one as /etc/init.d/jira.sh - have a look at that and check it's got the right pointer to <jira install>/bin/start-jira.sh

Suggest an answer