unable to browse project

Alfred Attipoe December 2, 2016

Hi,

In my JIRA new installation I'm unable to browse projects even after I set the default scheme as shown in the screen copy below.

Thanks for your help

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2016

Have you verified you are in the jira-core-users or jira-software-users group? 

Alfred Attipoe December 2, 2016

yes I did, it's all set up

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2016

If that is true and you've verified the project is using the default permission scheme I don't know what it could be. Can anyone browse it? 

J. Caldwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2016

Alfred - He's not asking if it's set up, he's asking if you (your user ID) is in those two groups. 

One word of advice. Make your default permission scheme to include jira-administrators for everything but "assignable users." I know the first response is "security hole!!!" but here me out.

As an admin, if someone comes to you with a problem, you are going to need to be able to troubleshoot said problem, so you will end up needing to add yourself to the permission scheme. So just short cut the process and add the jira-admins so folks are able to troubleshoot when necessary and you don't get assigned things. 

Alfred Attipoe December 3, 2016

Hi. I confirm my ID is set in both groups. And I also now set the default permission scheme to include jira-administrators... but this does not solve the issue

Suggest an answer