unable to add watchers

Jamie Asin June 30, 2013

I as an administrator am able to add a Jira user as a "watcher", but one of my colleagues who is not an admin cannot. Is ability to add watchers an admin function only?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Raju KC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2013

Seems like missing add watchers right. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions for how to set permissions

4 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

In addition, make sure your user has the Browse Users permission in JIRA.

Dave Gunn August 2, 2017

How do I apply that to all the companies end-users?

0 votes
Dave Gunn August 1, 2017

How?  How do I apply that to all the staff in the company that I want to be able to add as watchers?  In the Manage watchers field I've got servicedesk users, anyone and any logged in user added.  I've added tow different watcher add-ons added and still I'm denied permission when I try to add an end user as a watcher.  Yes, I'm an administrator.

Simon Ponder November 7, 2017

Are you sure it is not the end user that is causing the problem? They must have rights to view what you are making them a watcher of.

Suggest an answer