It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

unable to add user to a project role

Hi All, 

We're using Active server directory for authentication in JIRA.

When trying to add a user to a project it will give an error "We can't find '<username>' in any accessible user directory. Check they're still active and available, and try again."

The user is active  and can login to  JIRA.

Any tips on where I could look to fix this problem? Let me know if you need more information or details.

1 answer

Hello @Shivani Chauhan,

There was a similar question:

Can't add user to a project

Though it was not the role but the project I think that the workaround suggested by @Tim Dame may work in your case as well.

Please, try it.

shivani,

Going by your title, are you the project admin or an admin in the instance? Project admins can add users to roles.

Seems user can log into JIRA. Are you adding users using groups or as individuals?

Victor

Hi @Grigory Salnikov [SYSSOFT],

Thank you for answering. we are not allowed to create Jira internal group, only AD group is used in our Jira instance, hence cannot apply the workaround mentioned by @Tim Dam

Hi @Victor Mutambuki -Mumo Systems-,

Thank you for answering.

am the JIRA admin.  Project admins are getting the same error while trying to the add the specific user to the project role.

adding user as individuals 

Hi @Shivani Chauhan  I am also facing the same issue.

I am a JIRA admin and Project Admin as well

When trying to add a user to a project it will give an error "We can't find '<username>' in any accessible user directory. Check they're still active and available, and try again."

have you found any root cause?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

229 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you