unable to act as admin on JIRA

Rahul Arora November 2, 2014

JIRA is integrated with Crowd which is linked to LDAP at our end. We are facing an issue where JIRA users are trying to access the admin credentials and are kicked out from their session and unable to login again.

We identified that users are sychronised from Crowd with all groups and when any user trying to access admin priviledge , something trigger to delete all synch groups for the user which vanishes from the user management tab for the respective user.

Only Default JIRA-admin can access it without any issue

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Arora November 2, 2014

After long analysis , I am able to figure out the reason behind an issue

There is option in the crowd for each application to check or uncheck the box for "Lower Case Output" (Convert all users and groups to lower case when passing the data to the application.This can be used to achieve case insensitivity for applications when underlying directories contain mixed-cased data"

I have to uncheck this box for my issue to get resolve but this is very tedious and weird behaviour. No proper handling and error message are displayed and the groups were disappearing when admin functionality was accessed.

I would like to give suggestion to handle this above scenario in code rather than making people to waste their full time to figure out the unlikely cause

Suggest an answer