trying to invite a customer in IT Service desk and am getting error

Warren Goldman March 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage users and groups

Errors says

Could not invite some customers... User not found.

This user was an agent, but have deactivated them and unassigned them from all tickets.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Yes I reactivated him, anyway figured out I could just rename the user to some fake username/email. that got my by it, seems pretty clunky, but worked.

app also occasionally just refreshes page over and over, have to close tab and go back into app.

4 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Hi @Warren Goldman,

Once a user is deactivated, he can't no longer access the system and moreover can't be even a customer.

If you want that user to act as a customer, you need to reactivate his account and to remove him as an agent from your service desk project:

1. In your project, go to Project settings > Users and roles
  2. Hover over the user you'd like to remove from the Service Desk Team project role and select 

Note that removing an agent from your project does not revoke the agent's license. To free up an agent license, your administrator will need to proceed to  > User management and remove the agent's JIRA Service Desk  application access. 

0 votes

Nope, still get the error message. Did both users and roles, garbage can and removed the agents JIRA service desk application access.

Still get same error.

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Did you reactivated his account?

Suggest an answer