truncate

Jonas Håkanson December 1, 2014

1 answer

2 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Did you mean to create this question?  If so, we need some more details.  If not, can you recall how you might have created it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2014

The question got truncated? ;-)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

Cute. Answers since it was moved over to the Confluence Questions framework has been getting these questions that look more searches than questions. Trying to collect information about why these questions have started to appear. I have an issue out on this topic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2014

Yes, I think people are writing a question, they're getting the suggested *answers*, and then instead of reading them, clicking "create question" without checking carefully. I suspect it's human behaviour (We tend towards carelessness a lot)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014

I thought that too, but it was pointed out to me (CQ team) you also need to enter a tag before saving a question.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 1, 2014
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 1, 2014

I know. I was trying to be nice and pretend that it doesn't take quite a lot of clumsiness and/or misunderstanding to get there...

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

There is something wrong with the current UI since I do not remember seeing these type of answers in the old Answers website. I just don't know what it might be.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Hi Norman, please see also the comments here. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11438991

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Hi, Udo, Very cool of you for following through on that question and reporting it back to the cq issue. So if I understand, the person entered a tag and started writing a subject and then hit the enter key. The question was created. Then the person started over again being careful to not hit the enter key to create the actual question. Is that your understanding? I would give your comment a vote/like if I could!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2014

Yes, that is my understanding as well.

Suggest an answer