truble connecting zendesk and Jira

Hi I have tried to integrate Zendesk and Jira but get a problem when I try to test connection between Zendesk. I followed the instruction in from this page http://www.jusuchyne.com/codingforme/2012/11/jira-ondemand-integration-with-zendesk/

But i get a error message:

Failed to establish connection to remote system
The remote system could not be found, please verify that the RPC URL for the Application Link is correct and that your system can contact the remote system.

Please help!!

Robert

2 answers

Hey Robert, how you doing? =)

As per the description of your question, can you check if the option 'Accept remote API calls' is flagged either ON or OFF into your JIRA instance? The system default is 'OFF' so it can be the case you need to change this value in order to this application link to work. Please check more of this subject here:

Take care and best regards!

Cheers,
Pedro.

Hi Pedro

all is well. :-) but I still have the problem with zen and jira.

I checked the settings we have this set to yes... :-(

I did open a ticket at both Zen and Jira but no solution yet.

cheers

Robert

Yes, sure Robert!

Logs can always help into such cases. ;-)
Please let me know how the ticket goes.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Pedro.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot