truble connecting zendesk and Jira

Robert Kimber November 12, 2013

Hi I have tried to integrate Zendesk and Jira but get a problem when I try to test connection between Zendesk. I followed the instruction in from this page http://www.jusuchyne.com/codingforme/2012/11/jira-ondemand-integration-with-zendesk/

But i get a error message:

Failed to establish connection to remote system
The remote system could not be found, please verify that the RPC URL for the Application Link is correct and that your system can contact the remote system.

Please help!!

Robert

2 answers

0 votes
Robert Kimber November 14, 2013

Hi Pedro

all is well. :-) but I still have the problem with zen and jira.

I checked the settings we have this set to yes... :-(

I did open a ticket at both Zen and Jira but no solution yet.

cheers

Robert

PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

Yes, sure Robert!

Logs can always help into such cases. ;-)
Please let me know how the ticket goes.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Pedro.

0 votes
PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

Hey Robert, how you doing? =)

As per the description of your question, can you check if the option 'Accept remote API calls' is flagged either ON or OFF into your JIRA instance? The system default is 'OFF' so it can be the case you need to change this value in order to this application link to work. Please check more of this subject here:

Take care and best regards!

Cheers,
Pedro.

Suggest an answer