transition

Liz Wirth February 11, 2015

Can anyone tell me how to attach a transition to make a change to a workflow once it is ‘active,’ I created a draft of the workflow (the graphical designer does this automatically), then edit the draft, and finally publish the draft?  However, some changes to a workflow can’t be done creating a draft, for example, if we want to remove a status or change the name of a step used for a status.  When I attach a transition from one particular status, the receiving status appears with a dashed red border and indicates no incoming transitions to that status.  As an experiment, I removed all the statuses and deleted all the transitions, but the situation still remained.  We’re using JIRA 6.4 SAAS.

1 answer

0 votes
George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

Hi Liz

you cannot perform certain edit actions to a workflow if it is in use. Make a copy of the workflow first. Then make all your changes. After that edit the workflow scheme of the project that uses the old and replace the old with the new in there.

Suggest an answer