transition current condition based on cascade field child value

Jim Booth October 7, 2014

Only want to transition current issue when child of cascade custom field equal to a specific value

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Booth October 7, 2014

Hi Nic

The latest version of ME has introducPed a post function to Transition the current issue.  This works fine and if I use a JUL script as a Condition on the transition from a user perspective it works as I want.  However it does log as a fault. I was hoping to  use the groovy script condition of MWE to stop the fault reporting.

The problem I have with Script Runner is that while it performs the transition it does not update the status on the view screen unless I manually refresh the screen.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

I'm afraid there's a couple of answers to this because the question is a little unclear.

Assumption 1 - you only want to allow a transition - you'll need to find/write a condition that can interrogate the current value of the field and return a yes or no back to the workflow.  If you do that, the transition you put the condition on will not be offered to the user unless the field is set correctly.  

Assumption 2 - you want to pick up changes of the field to the value and transition the issue automatically - you'll need to find/write a listener that can pick up issue edits, check the field has been changed to that specific value, and issue the transition if required.

For what it's worth, I don't think the JMWE can do either of these.  Script-runner can though.

Suggest an answer