tools menu missing in jira

Ankita Sharma February 18, 2015

Hi,

I need to delete issues from JIRA using bulk operation available under Tools Menu in JIRA. But in my JIRA, Tools menu is not available. Kindly let me know how we can add this Tools Menu in JIRA.

Thanks,

Ankita

3 answers

1 vote
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2015

Hey Ankita,

this feature is tied to the global "Bulk Change" permission which you can find and adjust the following way:

• Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission (or the JIRA System Administrators global permission, if you need to grant the JIRA System Administrators global permission).
    information By default, the user account created during the JIRA Setup Wizard has both of these global permissions.
  • Choose > System. Select Global Permissions to open the Global Permissions page, which lists JIRA's global permissions.
    tick Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing global permissions
    The Add Permission box is shown at the bottom of the list
  • In the Permission dropdown list, select the global permission you wish to grant.
  • In the Group  dropdown list, either:
    • select the group to which you wish to grant the permission;

This way you can grant this permission and should be able to see the tools button again.

Regards,
Philipp 

Ankita Sharma February 19, 2015

Hi Philipp, I had already given the JIRA administrators, the "bulk change" permission but still the option "bulk change" is not showing up in JIRA. Please explain. Thanks, Ankita

Ankita Sharma February 19, 2015

Hi Philipp,

I had already given the JIRA administrators, the "bulk change" permission but still the option "bulk change" is not showing up in JIRA.

Please explain.

Thanks,

Ankita

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2015

Ah. You are looking in completely the wrong place. That is the administration menu. Bulk change is on the tools menu in the *issue navigator*

Tommi Krogerus February 16, 2017

I cannot find the Tools menu with this guide. What is Issue navigator? Can you use pictures to make this clearer?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2015

Ah, oops, crossed with Philipp's answer. Which is spot on if you're missing the "bulk edit" option

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2015

Are you genuinely missing the "tools" menu option/cog? (To do that, you need to be logged out and using JIRA anonymously, or your admins have done something odd to your system). Or is it just "bulk edit" within the tools menu missing?

Suggest an answer