timesheet and skill set

Deleted user May 17, 2012

how do team members enter their time and skill set / domain knowledge.

we would like to do resource allocation based on the skill set of the resources, and also a what-if analysis which will help us identify the impact of new projects on resources.

2 answers

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

Hi sripai,

As JIRA was designed to track issues and offer limited time tracking abilities, it doesn't have a full set of resource management features built in.

Here are some resource on how to Use JIRA For Time Tracking. You can also build your own resource management plugin see the JIRA Developer Documentation to learn how to go about this.

There are some existing time tracking extensions maintained by third party development teams and Atlassian Experts (our official professional services partners). A notable example here is the Tempo Plugin for time tracking and billing management and Feywa for capacity management and planning.

I noticed that you've also asked a couple of other questions recently. This is great! However, JIRA also doesn;t do resource leveling or project costing out-of-the-box - that functionality would be bundled into plugins (likely thorugh the plugins I listed already.)

-Simon

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

Hi sripai,

As JIRA was designed to track issues and offer limited time tracking abilities, it doesn't have a full set of resource management features built in.

Here are some resource on how to Use JIRA For Time Tracking. You can also build your own resource management plugin see the JIRA Developer Documentation to learn how to go about this.

There are some existing time tracking extensions maintained by third party development teams and Atlassian Experts (our official professional services partners). A notable example here is the Tempo Plugin for time tracking and billing management and Feywa for capacity management and planning.

I noticed that you've also asked a couple of other questions recently. This is great! However, JIRA also doesn't do resource leveling or project costing out-of-the-box - that functionality would be bundled into plugins (likely thorugh the plugins I listed already.)

-Simon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events